If you ask Edward Lu, he parked in the right place, at the right time. When a 20-month-old boy fell out of a six-story window last week, he landed directly onto the roof of Lu’s car, which broke his fall and likely saved his life. “That’s a big dent, I couldn’t believe it,” Lu, of Redmond, Washington, told KOMO. “If I had driven on I don’t know what would have happened.” The toddler was taken to a local hospital where he was placed in the ICU in serious but stable condition, according to the news station. “If the car wasn’t there,” Redmond Police Department officer James Perry explained to KOMO, “it would have been pavement the child would have fallen onto and this would have been a much different ending.” Redmond Police, who did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment, said the boy had been left alone in a room when he pulled himself up to a window, pushed out a screen and fell out 70 feet. The boy’s mother was alerted to the situation when his 4-year-old sister called for help, the station added. While luck played a part in the toddler’s survival, the Redmond Police Department hopes that parents keep their windows locked when a child is nearby, preventing such a tragic accident from occurring in the first place. “When a small child is in a room with an open window, it doesn’t matter what floor you’re on, it doesn’t matter the season of the year,” Perry said. “Bad things can happen if a child has access to an open window.” RELATED VIDEO: Woman Drifts for 45 Minutes in Terrifying Parasailing Accident Before Crashing, Breaking 4 Ribs The risk for children falling out of windows increases in the summer months, when families typically leave them open for ventilation during hot days. In June 2017, four toddlers in San Jose, California, fell out of second- or third-story windows in just a two-week span, according to Mercury News. “The best recommendation we have for parents is to move furniture away from a window’’ Dr. Adella Garland told the newspaper of the influx of accidents, adding, “window screens do not prevent falls.” The pregnancy and parenting website Very Well Family recommends using a window guard or gate to keep a child from falling out, or installing a window stop or ledge that would prevent it from being opened more than four inches. (People.com Latest News) More
Natalie Kunicki suffered a stroke after she cracked her neck while stretching, leaving her paralyzed on her left side.
Posted on 16 April 2019 | 12:11 pm | Google News
(Associated Press) A 20-month-old boy survived a six-story fall from a suburban Seattle apartment window after the toddler landed on the roof of a parked car ...
Posted on 12 April 2019 | 3:45 pm | Google News
Campfire, tracks lead to hikers | US | Journal Gazette Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
MOUNT BALDY VILLAGE, Calif. – A pair of hikers lost in the rugged, icy mountains of Southern California rationed food and sipped water through a filtered straw ...
Posted on 12 April 2019 | 12:17 am | Google News
Toddler survives 6-story fall onto parked car (Video) SocialNews.XYZ
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video.
Posted on 11 April 2019 | 6:45 pm | Google News
REDMOND, Wash. — A 20-month-old boy survived a six-story fall from suburban Seattle apartment window after the toddler landed on the roof of a parked car ...
Posted on 11 April 2019 | 11:32 am | Google News
PM says New Zealand enduring one of its 'darkest days | New Zealand police hunt 'active shooter' after gunman opens fire at mosque; here are the top World ...
Posted on 15 March 2019 | 2:00 am | Google News
Copyright © 2019 LastMinuteStuff.com